South Clear Creek - Silver Thread Campground
- Location: South Clear Creek - Silver Thread Campground
- Elevation: 9400-9500
- Commonly Caught Species: Brook Trout
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Normally open year around but may be physically impassable due to deep snow in December through April
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Creede, Colorado, take State Highway 149 south (toward Lake City) 23 miles to the campground sign. Turn right at sign into campground. If coming from Lake City, take the same State Highway 149 south over Slumgullion Pass and Spring Creek Pass for 29 miles and turn left at the campground sign.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29194&actid=42
This campground, just off State Highway 149, is well suited for overnight stays with many level pull-throughs.
Comments powered by CComment