South Clear Creek - Bristol Head Campground
- Location: South Clear Creek - Bristol Head Campground
- Elevation: 9500
- Commonly Caught Species: Brook Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Creede, CO, take Hwy 149 south (toward Lake City) 21.6 miles to North Clear Creek Road sign (Forest Rd. 510). Turn right at sign onto Rd. 510 (gravel) and go 0.3 miles to campground sign. Turn right at sign into campground.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=28944&actid=43
A short trail from campground leads to an overlook of the Clear Creek Canyons and a waterfall. Toilets and drinking water available.
Comments powered by CComment