Road Canyon Reservoir
- Location: Road Canyon Reservoir
- Elevation: 9270
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout
- Stocked?: Yes
- Suggested Bait: Flies, lures, and live bait
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Boat, Spin Fishing, Ice Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Year-round
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Usually ice-free from May 15 through November 15
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: Directions from Creede: Travel southwest on Colorado Highway 149 for 20.1 miles, to the intersection of Colorado Highway 149 and Forest Road #520 (Rio Grande Reservoir Road), then 5 miles west on Road #520 to the ramp area.
The boating site consists of a small concrete ramp, restroom, parking for trucks and trailers about 1/2 way up the length of the reservoir. This lake is regularly stocked with catchable rainbow trout and also supports a natural population of Brook Trout. A small, free campground is located at the head of the reservoir.
Comments powered by CComment