Rito Hondo Reservoir
- Location: Rito Hondo Reservoir
- Elevation: 10250
- Commonly Caught Species: Brook Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Boat, Spin Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Year-round
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Snowed in from Dec through May but accessible by snowmobile
- Access: Car (4x4 not required), Winter travel (snowmobile, snowshoes, skis)
- Driving Directions: From Creede CO, travel west on State Hwy149 for 25 miles. Turn left and go northwest on Forest Service road 513. Stay on 513 for another 3 miles to the Reservoir. Turn right to park in the parking lot overlooking the lake.
This site is a small Reservoir that is also a natural fishery for Brook Trout. Small boats are allowed but gasoline motors are prohibited, electric motors are OK. The site offers good parking and dispersed camping back away from the shore.
Comments powered by CComment