Rio Grande - Wagon Wheel Gap
- Location: Rio Grande - Wagon Wheel Gap
- Elevation: 8400
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Float Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From the town of South Fork, CO take State Highway 149 toward the town of Creede Colorado. After traveling 13 miles and passing through the actual gap, look for the site on your left or west side of the highway.
This Interpretive facility is situated as a rest stop on the Silver Thread Scenic Byway. It offers ample graveled parking lot, and interpretive signs explaining the Gap Geology and how it was named. It is not handicap accessible. There is also a small gravel boat launching ramp for rafts and small fishing boats to use on the river.
Comments powered by CComment