Rio Grande - Thirty Mile Campground
- Location: Rio Grande - Thirty Mile Campground
- Elevation: 9300
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Normally open year around but physically snowed in from December through May during winter season.
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Creede, CO, take State 149 south (toward Lake City) 19.3 miles to Rio Grande Reservoir sign (Forest Rd. 520). Turn left onto Rd. 520 and go 0.5 miles to a "Y" intersection. Bear left onto a dirt road, staying on Rd. 520, and go 10.8 miles to campground sign. Left turn into campground.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29218&actid=43
Thirty Mile Campground is nestled on the banks of the Rio Grande River, just a short mile from the Rio Grande Reservoir. The location is perfect for anyone who loves to spend time in the water, fishing, canoeing/kayaking and swimming.
Comments powered by CComment