Rio Grande - Thirty Mile Campground
- Location: Rio Grande - Thirty Mile Campground
- Elevation: 9300
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Normally open year around but physically snowed in from December through May during winter season.
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Creede, CO, take State 149 south (toward Lake City) 19.3 miles to Rio Grande Reservoir sign (Forest Rd. 520). Turn left onto Rd. 520 and go 0.5 miles to a "Y" intersection. Bear left onto a dirt road, staying on Rd. 520, and go 10.8 miles to campground sign. Left turn into campground.
Thirty Mile Campground is nestled on the banks of the Rio Grande River, just a short mile from the Rio Grande Reservoir. The location is perfect for anyone who loves to spend time in the water, fishing, canoeing/kayaking and swimming.
Comments powered by CComment