Rio Grande - River Hill Campground
- Location: Rio Grande - River Hill Campground
- Elevation: 9250
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Float Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Campground is closed and gated from September in the fall, all through winter, until spring, about May 15th
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: Directions from Creede: Travel southwest on Colorado Highway 149 for 20.1 miles, to the intersection of Colorado Highway 149 and Forest Road #520 (Rio Grande Reservoir Road), then 9.5 miles west on Road #520.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29158&actid=43
The campground is situated in a meadow surrounded by willows and spruce trees on the banks of the Rio Grande River. Boat ramp, toilets, drinking water available.
Comments powered by CComment