Rio Grande Reservoir
- Location: Rio Grande Reservoir
- Elevation: 9400
- Stocked?: Yes
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Boat, Spin Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Year-round
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Snowed in from Nov 15 to May 1
- Access: Car (4x4 not required), Winter travel (snowmobile, snowshoes, skis)
- Driving Directions: From Creede CO, travel west on State Highway 149 for 19 miles. Turn left and go west on Forest Service road 520. Stay on 520 for another 13 miles to the midpoint of the Reservoir. Turn left and go south on the access road to the water.
- Motorized Boats Allowed
This is a primitive boat ramp and reservoir access road about 1/2 way along the Rio Grande Reservoir. There is a vault toilet here. Not recommended for large boats and long trailers. Motors are allowed on this large reservoir. Fish are stocked during summer months.
Comments powered by CComment