Rio Grande - Palisade CG
- Location: Rio Grande - Palisade CG
- Elevation: 8400
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies, Lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Float Fishing, Wading
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: Palisade Campground is located on the south side of Hwy 149 twelve miles from the town of Creede heading east, and 8 miles from South Fork heading west.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29124&actid=43
This is a busy campground along highway 149, but is the only campground between Creede and South Fork. The Rio Grande is considered a Trophy Fishing River.
Comments powered by CComment