Rio Grande - Fisherman's Access at Rio Grande Campground
- River, Ice Fishing
- Location: Rio Grande - Fisherman's Access at Rio Grande Campground
- Elevation: 8800
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies and lures
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/Lure Only; 2 Brown trout limit, minimum 12 inches; All rainbow trout must be released
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: Normally open year around for camping and river access. May be physically snowed in Dec-April. Access road may be closed between March 1st and May 15th for the mud season.
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Creede, go 8.5 miles west on CO 149, then follow signs to Rio Grande Fisherman's Area.
This is a small, developed camping area in a grassy meadow, right on the banks of the Rio Grande River. It is not recommended for large RVs or long/wide trailers because the access road going down into the site is narrow and steep. The recently remodeled (2010) area has 7 camp sites with picnic tables and fireplace rings.
Comments powered by CComment