- Location: Poso Campground
- Elevation: 9000
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: Directions from Monte Vista, Colorado: From U.S. Highway 285, take the La Garita turnoff (County Road G) and follow the paved road 6.0 miles west where the road forks. Take the right fork, the gravel surface Carnero Creek Road (Forest Road 690/County Road 41G) 10.0 miles northwest to Forest Road 675. Take Road #675 west 1.5 miles to Poso Campground. NOTE: County Road 41G becomes dirt and narrows to single-lane with turnouts after entering the National Forest.
Fishing is possible in Cave Creek (just below campground), Poso Creek, South Fork Carnero Creek.
Comments powered by CComment