Pole Creek Trail #820
- Stream/Creek, High Mountain
- Location: Pole Creek Trail #820
- Elevation: 10500-12500
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Mountain Bike, Motorcycle/Dirtbike
- Driving Directions: Directions from Creede, CO. Travel west on State Hwy 149 for 19 miles. Turn left and travel west 24 miles on Forest Road 520. The trail starts just before you cross Pole Creek itself in a large meadow.
- Hiking Directions: The Pole Creek trail is 4 miles long. It begins at Forest Road 520 and ends at CDNST #813/Forest Trail #787.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29142&actid=43
Good fishing is possible in the lower 4.0 miles of Pole Creek. A series of small waterfalls, natural arches and crystal clear pools can be viewed on Pole Creek, about 0.25 mile south of the junction of West Pole Creek. The falls are not visible from the trail, but the sound of falling water can be heard if you listen carefully. Turn west off the main trail and take the short side trip from the trail to the creek to see the falls and arches.
Comments powered by CComment