- Location: Hunters Lake
- Elevation: 11400
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Spin Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Mountain Bike
- Driving Directions: Directions: From the town of South Fork, travel west on US Hwy 160 for 11 miles. Take a right at the Big Meadows Reservoir turnoff. Travel on Forest Road 410 for 2 miles to the reservoir. Continue past the reservoir on Forest Road 430 for another 7miles. The trail takes off the road here to the west and goes to Hunters Lake.
- Hiking Directions: The Hunters Lake trail is 1.1 miles long. It begins at Forest Road 430, the Weminuche Wilderness boundary and ends at Forest Trail 835, the trail travels past Hunters Lake.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29050&actid=42
The fish can be slow to bite, but are available for the patient angler. However, fly fishing is good for rainbows. About 8 acres of water
Comments powered by CComment