Heart Lake Trail #823
- Location: Heart Lake Trail #823
- Elevation: 10800-11600
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Mountain Bike
- Driving Directions: Directions from Creede, CO. Travel west on State Hwy 149 for 19 miles. Turn left and travel west 17 miles on Forest Road 520. Park at the Lost Trail trailhead. Travel up Trail 821 3 miles. The heart lake trail starts here and ends at the lake.
- Hiking Directions: The Heart Lake trail is 1.8 miles long. It begins at Forest Trail 821 and ends at Heart Lake. The trail is steady and at times, a hardy climb. The trail travels through a few small open parks but primarily stays in mixed aspen and spruce/fir stands.
Beautiful scenery and good fishing can be experienced at Heart Lake. Excellent camping areas are available at the lake.
Comments powered by CComment