Embargo Creek / Cathedral CG
- Location: Embargo Creek / Cathedral CG
- Elevation: 9400
- Suggested Bait: Flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Motorcycle/Dirtbike
- Driving Directions: From Del Norte: Travel 8.75 miles west on U.S. Highway 160. (or, from South Fork, travel 6 miles east). Take Embargo Creek access road north and east for 5.0 miles to FSR 650. Take FSR 650 north for 3.0 miles to FSR 640. Follow 640 west/northwest 7.0 miles to campground entrance. Go past Cathedral Campground another mile to the trailhead
- Hiking Directions: Hike along the Embargo Creek Trail #792. Trail is approximately 6 miles long, and follows a drainage towards Mesa Mountain (13,000ft) where views are spectacular
The campground was recently remodeled and offers 22 sites. This campground is located in a mature aspen and spruce grove with a beautiful view of Cathedral Rock to the north. Embargo Creek flows alongside the east side of the grounds. There is ample fishing in Embargo Creek, with lots of beaver activity and shaded creek stretches.
Comments powered by CComment