East Bellows Creek
- Location: East Bellows Creek
- Elevation: 10800-12700
- Suggested Bait: Flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Seasonal Accessibility Notes: This trailhead is open year around but is usually snowed in between December and May each winter.
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Mountain Bike, Car (4x4 not required), 4x4/Jeep, Motorcycle/Dirtbike, ATV
- Driving Directions: From Creede: Travel south on Highway 149 for 7.3 miles to FDR#600 (Pool Table Road). Go approximately 9.5 miles northwest on Pool Table Road to the Hanson’s Mill Trailhead. The speed Limit on all Forest Service Roads is 25 MPH unless otherwise posted.
- Hiking Directions: After arriving at Hanson’s Mill, those planning to hike to Wheeler Geologic Area should follow the trail delineated with the trailhead sign and registration box. Within about three miles from Hanson's Mill the trail will cross East Bellows Creek.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=28996&actid=43
- Additional Links: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29038&actid=43
The trailhead consists of a parking lot, restroom, signing, picnic tables. Overnight camping is allowed at this trailhead. This trail also provides good hiking access to Wheeler Geologic Area, Halfmoon Pass and the La Garita Wilderness. Beautiful views and unique geologic features are the main attractions.
Comments powered by CComment