- Lake/Pond/Reservoir, High Mountain
- Location: Crater Lake
- Elevation: 12700
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Cutthroat Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies, lures, and bait where allowed
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Spin Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike
- Driving Directions: From South Fork, go West on Hwy 160 8 miles to Park Creek/Summitville Road. Proceed up the road approximately 15 miles where there is a “y” stay to the right taking road #380 (this is also the road to Platoro) Proceed about 3 1/2 to 4 miles on #380 you will pass the Elwood Pass jeep road on the right. Continue along until you see the Crater Lake trail marker. Follow the trail and after 3/4 of a mile you will have a canyon view (there will be some large posts sticking up near the trail), at this point you may encounter a “Y” in the trail - the right goes over the rock slide. Next you will encounter another “Y” - both trails lead to the lake, you’re almost there. When going over the divide there is a long stretch above timber line.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=29530&actid=42
Located on west side of Divide; 10 acres of water.
Comments powered by CComment