Carnero Guard Station - Middle Fork of Canero Creek
- Location: Carnero Guard Station - Middle Fork of Canero Creek
- Commonly Caught Species: Brook Trout
- Suggested Bait: Flies, lures & bait where allowed
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish. Fly/lure only; all cutthroat must be released.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: Car (4x4 not required)
- Driving Directions: From Saguache travel south on Hwy 285 17 miles to La Garita turnoff (County Rd G). Go west to La Garita (6 miles), from La Garita proceed west on Cnty Rd 41G approximately 17 miles, cabin is on the right. Cabin may also be accessed from Highway 114 west of Saguache, go south on 41G.
Guard Station Cabin available for rentals.
See this blog for some great photos of the location: http://licensedtofish.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html
Comments powered by CComment