Big Meadows Reservoir
- Lake/Pond/Reservoir, Ice Fishing
- Location: Big Meadows Reservoir
- Elevation: 9250
- Commonly Caught Species: Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Kokanee Salmon
- Stocked?: Yes
- Suggested Bait: Bait, lures, or flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing, Boat, Spin Fishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Year-round
- Access: Car (4x4 not required), Winter travel (snowmobile, snowshoes, skis)
- Driving Directions: Take Hwy. 160 south out of South Fork for 10 miles to FSR 410 for Big Meadows Lake on the right. Take FSR 410 west for 1.4 miles to "Y" intersection (Forest Rd. 410). Bear left onto Rd. 410 and go 0.4 miles into campground.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=28932&actid=42
Big Meadows Reservoir is 600 acres and is a no-wake lake. Motorboats are allowed, but cannot create excessive wakes. Motor Boats must be registered with State Parks. The reservoir also has a boat ramp, handicapped-accessible fishing pier, bathrooms, and a campground (fee).
Black Creek, which flows into the reservoir, has good fly fishing.
Comments powered by CComment