Benino Trail #786
- Location: Benino Trail #786
- Elevation: 10200-11800
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Short Walk, Motorcycle/Dirtbike, ATV
- Driving Directions: From the city of Del Norte travel west on US Highway 160 for 9 miles. Turn right and travel north on County Road 18 for 1 .5 miles. Turn right and go east on county Road 15 for .25 miles. Turn left and go north on Forest Road 650. Follow 650 for 20 miles to the Benino Trail Sign. The trail goes both west and east of the trailhead at the road.
- Hiking Directions: The Benino trail is 5.2 miles long. It begins at Forest Trail 793 and ends at Forest Trail 792. Upper part of trail leads to the top of Mesa Mountain, great views of the Rio Grande River Valley. Lower trail is very rocky and challenging for ATV's. Stream crossings can be difficult in spring.
Comments powered by CComment