Alder Bench Trail #799
- Location: Alder Bench Trail #799
- Elevation: 8400-8900
- Suggested Bait: Flies
- Restrictions: Must have Colorado Fishing License to fish.
- Fishing Method: Flyfishing
- Seasonal Accessibility: Late Spring/Summer/Fall
- Access: HorseBack, Hike, Mountain Bike, Motorcycle/Dirtbike
- Driving Directions: From the Town of South Fork travel northwest on State Hwy 149 one mile until you cross the Rio Grande River. Turn right on County Road 15. Travel east on 15 a little over a mile until you see a sign for Forest Road 610. Turn left and go north on 610 2 miles to the Alder Guard Station. Park behind the Guard Station at the trailhead.
- Hiking Directions: The Alder Bench trail is 6.5 miles long. It begins at Forest Road 610 right next to the Alder Creek Cabin and ends at Forest Trail 761.
- Forest Service Info:: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/riogrande/recreation/fishing/recarea/?recid=28890&actid=43
In the past, this trail was used by stockmen taking livestock up to the high country towards Blue Park and Long Park. Currently the trail is used mostly by recreationists. In the fall, hunters use this trail to hunt elk and deer as this area is considered winter range for both.
The trail is very rocky and steep in places, challenging single track.
Comments powered by CComment