The Upper Rio Grande area offers and abundance of things to do - not just fishing! Plan a Play-and-Stay trip suitable for the whole family!
Play & Stay Trip Ideas
- Golf & Fish
- Check with the local Rio Grande Club for golf and fishing packages. Individual tee-times are also available.
- Ski & Fish
- Nearby Wolf Creek Ski Area boasts the most snow in Colorado. Pair this with an ice-fishing trip for complete wintertime fun
- Hunt & Fish
- Three big game hunting units in the area offer trophy elk, deer and bighorn sheep. Bear, moose and big-horn sheep tags are also available in limited quantities. Small game and waterfoul are also popular.
- Family Camping & Fishing Trip
- Many local campgrounds offer great opportunities for families to disconnect from the outside world, and reconnect with eachocher
- His & Hers Trip
- Local shopping and the award winning Creede Repertory Theatre will keep "her" busy, while "he" takes time for the river. Also, local guides are always happy to do couples float trips!
Our Project Partner
South Fork Visitors Center
South Fork Chamber of Commerce - www.southforkbusiness.org
Silver Thread Scenic & Historic Byway - www.silverthreadbyway.com
Creede Visitor Center - www.creede.com
Del Norte Chamber of Commerce - www.delnortechamber.org
Monte Vista Chamber of Commerce - www.monte-vista.org